Merging new VCL scheduler feature branch

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu Oct 27 19:19:25 UTC 2016

On 10/27/2016 07:56 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
> FYI those are a recent addition from this change which removed some
> indirection:
>
> ommit 22c75d86db9351ab271942a755a2a75a76920943
> Author:     Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com>
>     sfx2: just use Idle in SfxItemDisruptor_Impl

	Interesting =) I saw about a dozen+ or so of them in the queue.

	I'd love to replace the sw/ internal idle handling loop with the
standard VCL one too - but that in turn requires really quite some
gradation of priorities - so that we do layout at idle before we do
document statistics, before spell checking, before we do grammar
checking, etc. =) at least if we want to keep the same behavior.

	That rather cuts across the "collapse all priorities" patch FWIW -
personally, I'd prefer them as per glib - separated by some 100's so we
could fine-tune these relative things easily.

	Then again - if the scheudler performs much better after jmux's work -
then we can whack many more, more granular tasks into it - which is
good; but then we will need more granular prioritisation too.

> i'd like to join your haters-of-meaningless-bools club.

	Ah - it's really Tor's club; I'm a late convert - and this particular
piece of code converted me when I did the change ;-)

	ATB,

		Michael.

--
michael.meeks at collabora.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot