Fwd: Anti-Spam Task Force

Heiko Tietze tietze.heiko at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:29:53 UTC 2016

See also https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2016q4/003179.html

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Anti-Spam Task Force
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 07:02:56 -0700
From: Boudhayan Gupta <me at baloneygeek.com>
To: GSoC Mentor Summit 2016 <gsoc-mentor-summit-2016 at googlegroups.com>
CC: informing about and discussing non-technical community topics <kde-community at kde.org>

Hi,

At the session on handling sweatshop generated web spam on Sunday at
the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit, we decided to start a mailing
list where people from everywhere who have a stake in this (which
could be other open-source projects, or even companies who'd want to
participate in such an endeavour) can participate. KDE will be
stewarding this initiative.

Any person who would like to join this task force, please reply to
this email with your name, e-mail address and the open-source software
project, organisation that you represent. We'll begin by getting you
signed up on a mailing list where we can discuss things in private
(away from the eyes of the spammers), and then we'll take it from
there.

Thanks,
Boudhayan Gupta
KDE Sysadmin