[ANN] mdds 1.2.2 hits master

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 11 03:39:05 UTC 2016

Hey,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Kohei Yoshida <libreoffice at kohei.us> wrote:

> I've just upgraded mdds to 1.2.2 on the master branch.  1.2.2 contains
> one critical fix since 1.2.1 to handle out-of-range insertions on
> flat_segment_tree, and will *probably* fix the following two crashers:
>
> http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_details/62f488c8-1c0e-4ac5-
> 8651-16724b440bf8
> http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_details/298fd7a9-b0ab-46d2-
> 816e-5aafb3b3be8e
>
> Here is the commit:
>
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=
> 04695b95491b7e866298bf4231fb9cca25a35a93
>
> I'd recommend backporting this to a stable branch, since in theory
> these crashers have probably existed for several releases at least.

I absolutely agree.

For anyone wondering the only two changes against 1.2.1 are:

https://gitlab.com/mdds/mdds/commit/22c0057292431e76fef690ed2856c3acb8eac20e
https://gitlab.com/mdds/mdds/commit/0d840a43d062f0df033c10e115a6d6e37de754da

I suppose that there is no difference to a normal bug fix at least for 5.2
as there are no new features in the code. If nobody complains I would
backport the change to 5-2 soon.

Regards,
Markus