Experiences building LO from scratch as a "new" developer

Shinnok admin at shinnok.com
Fri Aug 4 13:40:58 UTC 2017

Hi Mike,

That's a pretty good report, surely all of that can and must be improved. I only did macOS builds so far but I'm going to setup a Linux one over the weekend.

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 4:10 PM, Mike Saunders <mike.saunders at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> Question: does parallel make (eg "make -j 2") have any effect here on
> multi-core systems?

Regarding this, I had to use this to limit CPU usage and load, in my case it was overheating:
$make build-nocheck -j4 -l2

Limiting with -j2,4,n alone seemed to have no effect in my case either...

Shinnok