UnoService in PyUNO for keyboard shortcuts in extensions: JobExecutor never called.

jan d dittrich.c.jan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 07:21:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

I wrote an extension (
https://github.com/jdittrich/Office-QDA-TagTree/tree/keyboardShortcut)
using PyUNO. I would like to give some functions of it a keyboard shortcut.
However, I can't get the JobExecutor Interface called.

It would be of great help, if a person experienced with (Py) UNO could have
a look at my approach. I assume it to be a simple misunderstanding of an
PyUNO concept (which I could not find out though I read the documentation I
found)

WHAT I DID:
1. The define-in-"Accelerators.xcu"-part [1]  worked (The shortcut shows up
in the Keyboard-shortcut customization dialog).
3. I implemented an XJobExecutor Interface [2]
2. I created an uno service via  g_ImplementationHelper.addImplementation,
using the class from 2.  [3] this service should be called by the shortcut

PROBLEM: the jobExecutor is never executed when I press the keyboard
shortcut. Despite doing a step-by step debugging and turned on debug
messages, I was unable to locate a problem.

POSSIBLE PROBLEM SOURCES:
* I was unable to find the docuementation for
g_ImplementationHelper.addImplementation e.g. if it takes a class or an
instance. I tried with both (the inked example is an instance), non worked.

LINKS TO RELEVANT CODE PARTS:
[1]
https://github.com/jdittrich/Office-QDA-TagTree/blob/keyboardShortcut/Accelerators.xcu#L10
[2]