Text to speech not working right using - LibreOffice 5.4.3

Bahram Maskanian b.maskanian at venusproject.org
Sat Dec 2 23:42:34 UTC 2017

Dear LibreOffice developers,

As I mentioned earlier, I regularly use text to speech function of my
mac, I simply highlight few sentences, or paragraphs for my computer
to read them back to me.  As I outlined the problem before when I
tried it with LibreOffice 5.4.2 - it did not work properly.

Used to be that when I highlighted a couple of paragraphs, LibreOffice
5.4.2 - some how disrupts the text to speech function, thereby my
computer did not read the paragraphs selected, and no matter which
text was selected, it only read back random paragraphs, not selected.!

But now in LibreOffice 5.4.3 the problem is almost fixed, but now when
I select only the first three paragraphs of a two page document, the
LibreOffice 5.4.3 start reading from the title, which was not
selected, all the way down to the last paragraph on the second page,
also not highlighted.

I thought you might want to know that.

Thanks again,
Bahram Maskanian