Let failed Jenkins builds set Verified: -1 in Gerrit?

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Tue Dec 5 07:16:39 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 11:27 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:32 AM, David Ostrovsky <d.ostrovsky at gmx.de>
> wrote:
> > On Thu Nov 30 08:25:40 UTC 2017, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> >
> > > Does "(with a help of maintainers)" imply that there are change
> > > owners who could not override a VRFY-1 from Jenkins themselves?
> >
> > Yes. I believe that "registered users" group members will not be
> > able to remove VRFY-1 vote.
>
> I do not know of anyway, anyone can remove it using the ui, short of
> impersonating jenkins' user.

RTFM: [1]? Quoting:

"
*Remove Reviewer*

This category permits users to remove other users from the list of
reviewers on a change.
[...]
Project owners and site administrators can always remove any reviewer
(even without having the Remove Reviewer access right assigned).

Users without this access right can only remove themselves from the
reviewer list on a change.
"

Also note, that the ancient/legacy Gerrit version @LibreOffice
has a major design bug/missing feature: [2] there is now way to
remove a vote. Only the whole reviewer, with all votes can
be wiped out. I fixed this years ago: [3]. But unfortunately,
LibreOffice's infra team is unable to allocate resources to
upgrade gerrit. We are almost 4 major releases behind.
(Wikimedia: [3] and OpenStack: [4] projects upgraded to
2.13.9 years ago without any issue).

[1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/Documentation/access-control.html#ca
tegory_remove_reviewer
[2] https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=3035