Association between ToC index object and its paragraph content

Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Mon Dec 11 22:32:49 UTC 2017

Hi Mikos,

Thank you for your emails and suggestions thus far.  I've played around
with this some more and one question remains.

If I get the actual index object:

  indeces = document.getDocumentIndexes()
  toc = indeces.getByName('Table of Content1') # Assume it exists!

and then I create a text range of the paragraphs that make up the ToC:

  index_pars = toc.Anchor
  index_cursor = document.Text.createTextCursorByRange(index_pars)
  index_parenum = index_cursor.createEnumeration()
  while index_parenum.hasMoreElements():
      index_par = index_parenum.nextElement()
      # index_par is a paragraph (XTextContext) that's a single in in the ToC

How can I correlate these index_par objects with the paragraphs that I
visit using the document's paragraph enumeration:

  parenum = document.Text.createEnumeration()
  while parenum.hasMoreElements():
      par = parenum.nextElement()
      # par is a paragraph (XTextContext) in the document

At some point a given `par` and `index_par` represent the same
paragraph in the document, but how do I know?  Or does such an
association not or very loosely exist?

Cheers,
Jens

--