Blurry icons on HiDPI display (GNU/Linux)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sun Dec 17 14:33:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-12-15 at 17:44 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear LibreOffice folks,
>

> Running LibreOffice 5.4.4.1 with GTK+ 3.22.26 on the HiDPI/4K
> monitor Dell U2718Q the icons in the toolbar are blurry as can be
> seen on the attached image.
>
> Is that expected?

Probably, because these icons are pngs without higher res versions that
could be used under hidpi. Unless we move over to using SVG icons I
guess that's as good as it gets for now. We have svg versions of
breeze, elementary and sifr sets I believe, and I think I see the svg
tango source files for the tango pngs in icon-themes source dir. So we
may have some capacity to do something nicer eventually via svg.