Blurry icons on HiDPI display (GNU/Linux)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Dec 22 09:33:30 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-12-21 at 14:05 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Is the icon handling documented somewhere?

There is a certain degree of documentation in icon-themes/README

> Let’s take the icon *lc_autosum* as an example.
> But I do not find any file with *autosum* in its name on the file
> system.

This case is covered in the README. The lc is large size (while sc is
small size) so the basename is autosum and refers to the .uno:AutoSum
feature so this is the icon for .uno:AutoSum "Sum" in
officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/GenericCommands.xcu

Many of the icons are like that, lots more are explicitly mentioned
either
a) in the source, like sw/res/envhl_l.png where there is
#define BMP_HOR_LEFT_LOWER "sw/res/envhl_l.png"
in sw/inc/bitmaps.hlst and used in sw/source/ui/envelp/envprt.cxx as
m_pAlignBox->SetItemImage(..., Image(BitmapEx(BMP_HOR_LEFT_LOWER)));
b) in .ui files, like sw/res/one_right.png which is referenced by
sw/uiconfig/swriter/ui/insertdbcolumnsdialog.ui

Lots of the icons have migrated over time through other formats and
naming schemes so there are quite a lot of inscrutable file names like
"ou011.png" unfortunately.