G_SLICE in sal module

Chris Sherlock chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 17:38:28 UTC 2017

I submitted a gerrit change https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/46139/ <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/46139/> to remove check of the G_SLICE environment variable. Stephan made the following reasonable comment:

Note that (before bc6a5d8e79e7d0e7d75ac107aa8e6aa275e434e9 "Disable custom allocator") determine_alloc_mode (sal/rtl/alloc_global.cxx) had piggybacked the decision which allocator to use onto the preexisting G_SLICE environment variable.  Removing settings of that environment variable may have other consequences (see <https://developer.gnome.org/glib/unstable/glib-Memory-Slices.html <https://developer.gnome.org/glib/unstable/glib-Memory-Slices.html>> for documentation).  I'm not sure how relevant setting that environment variable still is; maybe you can bring it up on the mailing list.

So, as suggested, taking this to the mailing list :-)

Chris