using libreoffice calc software as a library

Detlef Hüttemann huettemann at cosmocode.de
Thu Feb 9 09:40:38 UTC 2017

Thanks for your reply and sorry for havent answered yet.

I’ve got a customer in the insurance market. All insurance / tariff calculations are developed in excel; the calculations use simple calculations and lookups.
For providing the calculations in a web frontend, we have to rebuild / reengineer them (currently in php), which is time consuming, error prone and boring.
And because the logic of a plain calculation procedure in php/python/java is quite different from cell-processing, even slight modifications in the sheet are horrible to adapt and test.

It would be much better if we can take these sheets as is and deploy them in a web famework. Moving the customer from excel to libreoffice won't be a show stopper, so using libreoffice instead of excel would be fine.

Looking forward to your suggestions,

Detlef

--
Dipl. Math. Detlef Huettemann / Geschaeftsfuehrung (CEO)
__ Phone +49 30 814 50 40 72
__ Mail huettemann at cosmocode.de
__ Skype detlef.huettemann
__
__ CosmoCode GmbH - http://www.cosmocode.de
__ Prenzlauer Allee 36g, 10405 Berlin, Germany
__ Tel +49 30 814504070, Fax +49 30 28097093
__
__ Geschaeftsfuehrung (CEO): D. Huettemann, J. Riebesell
__ Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg; HRB 74063