xmlsec patches

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 12:50:07 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-02-13 at 10:45 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> external/libxmlsec/xmlsec1-customkeymanage.patch.1: this is a
> monster, I think this has to do something with smart-card handling,
> but I never got around to actually understand what it does. This is
> the real blocker wrt. building against system xmlsec.

> The worst thing about the custom key manage patch is that most of it
> was introduced in commit ebd1b95bb5f9235d1dba1b840fd746c9b53320d2
> (13891 insertions!) without any real commit message. I wonder if
> perhaps there is still somewhere a description of what the xmlsec08
> CWS was about...

So, do we know enough that the customkeymanage part isn't necessary for
any known normal use of xml signing, I mean if we disable it, or build
against a system version that doesn't have it, that the uses we do know
about continue to work. I could live with that for at least distro
builds to flush out if there is some useful purpose to it.

C.