writing extensions in a functional language

Gergely Buday buday.gergely at uni-eszterhazy.hu
Wed Feb 15 11:12:32 UTC 2017

Dear Developers,

I am interested in writing an extension to Libre Office, particularly Calc.

I would like to do it in a functional language.

My favourite is Standard ML and it is quite portable.

How much work, i.e. how many lines of code would it be to write an interface
for ML/LibreOffice?

Where in the Libre Office source tree I can find the glue code for various
extension languages?

Another option is to use Scala as it is possible to write extensions in Java
and Scala can use Java libraries.

Did anybody write a Libre Office extension in Scala?

- Gergely