MSVC 2015 builds Failing After 2017 Support added

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 20:53:17 UTC 2017

config_host.mk:
export UCRTSDKDIR=C:/PROGRA~2/WI3CF2~1/10/
export UCRTVERSION=10.0.10240.0

Looking at the creation date of that folder, it matches the creation date of C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0.

So it seems that even if you do not install the win 10 SDK component, the MSVC 2015 installer will still create the "Windows Kits" folder and install some files.

When the Win 10 SDK is not installed most of folders are nearly empty. For example the  "bin\x86\ucrt" only contains 1 file, ucrtbased.dll. The entire "bin" tree is only a few meg vs ~2 GB with a SDK installed. The only notable exception is the "Lib" folder which contains nearly 1 GB of data vs 2GB with the SDK installed.

Is there anything else I can provide? Would you like a full directory listing with and without the win 10 SDK installed?