[Libreoffice-commits] Try to cut some costs

Maxim Monastirsky momonasmon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:48:07 UTC 2017

Hi Stephan,

On Tue, 2017-02-21 at 10:14 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Any numbers that show that these complications of the code are worth
> it?

TBH I don't know that much about profiling, but when I tested just the
GetGlobalAcceleratorConfiguration function, the cpu time I got was
around 30% of what was before. Also it worth mentioning that this
technique also used in other places in the code base, e.g.

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/framework/source/uielement/su
btoolbarcontroller.cxx#199
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sfx2/source/appl/imagemgr.cxx

when the latter is of exact the same use case.

Are these complications really worth it? I don't have a definite
answer, as I doubt that the difference can be noticed on a modern hw
(unlike GlobalAcceleratorConfiguration that I changed in the other
commit, which was a real problem).

Maxim