Build Time Query

Jason Marshall j_k_marshall_2004 at live.com
Thu Feb 23 21:53:18 UTC 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am attempting to build LibreOffice on the following platform:

  *
OS: Lubuntu
  *
Processor: Intel Atom Z530 1.6 GHz
  *
RAM: 1Gb
  *
Disk: 60Gb SSD

I have successfully done the following:

  *
Installed build dependencies
  *
Cloned the repository
  *
Run autogen.sh with the parameters --without-java --without-help --without-myspell-dicts
  *
Run make

The actual build triggered by running ‘make' initially ran for approximately ten hours, but unfortunately the battery failed on my computer meaning that the build presumably was interrupted.  Clearly, the battery failure issue was unfortunate, but I am unclear as to the expected build times on the above specification of platform.  Would greater than ten hours be expected, as I am aware that the hardware specification above is quite low.  In addition, if the failed build is simply re-started by running the ‘make' command, will it simply pick-up from the point that the failure occurred, or is this not possible?

Thanks

Jason