Can tb73 be upgraded to VS 2015 Update 3, to avoid false negative?

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Fri Feb 24 05:30:44 UTC 2017

On Mon Feb 20 09:14:32 UTC 2017 Stephan Bergmann wrote:

>On 02/18/2017 06:04 PM, David Ostrovsky wrote:
>> Conclusion: tb73 and probably other TBs need to be upgraded to the
>> latest MSVC 2015 update 3.
>
>If we want to only support latest update 3 (and it probably makes
>sense to do so), can we check that during configure?

Thanks, Stephan, your check: [1] to detect and reject MSVC < SP3 works
like a charm: [2]:

checking whether MSVC 2015 compiler
C:/PROGRA~2/MICROS~3.0/VC/bin/cl.exe -arch:SSE is at least SP3... no
configure: error: When using MSVC 2015, at least SP3 must be installed

The better question is: who can upgrade the TBs now, that still have
MSVC 2015 SP1 on them installed, and there are quite of them tb73 ...
tb80. I know, that we are all very busy people and do it all in our
spare free time, so if all other options fail, please contact me
privately, give me the credentials and I volunteer to do the upgrade.

Should be straight forward: de-install MSVC 2015 prof. and install MSVC
2015 SP3 community edition. Estimated time 60 min. pro TB. 4 affected
TBs(?) we are talking approx. about 4 hours of work, that would allow
us to discontinue MSVC 2013 (as per ESC decision, TBs upgrade is the
only blocking issue here) [3] and move forward with code and build tool
chain cleanups pending for review and verification: [4].

* [1] When using MSVC 2015, require at least SP3
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a8538f0774bd0f
abf6012d735d1e86b3ff1c291f
* [2] https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/7550/Config=windows_msc_
dbgutil_32/console