MSVC 2015 Error C2664

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 08:47:29 UTC 2017

On 02/24/2017 08:37 AM, Luke Benes wrote:
> Since the ESC decided to switch to MSVC 2015, shouldn't Jenkins be upgraded to avoid these kinds of issues?

Note that until now we have only planned to upgrade the baseline to MSVC
2015, and are in the process of implementing that.  As long as the
baseline is still MSVC 2013, I think the Jenkins/Gerrit bots are well
advised to actually build with MSVC 2013.

And among the four Jenkins/Gerrit bot configurations
(Linux/Clang+plugins, Linux/GCC, macOS, Windows) we have only one
Windows configuration---it's a matter of trade-offs.  And it is vital
that all the Jenkins/Gerrit bots of a certain configuration (i.e., all
of tb72/73/77/78) build with the same toolchain (i.e., it's not an
option to have tb72 do MSVC 2015 builds while tb73--78 do MSVC 2013 builds).