Chart test failures on mac: text size differences

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Feb 28 23:42:35 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:02:30PM +0000, Tamas Zolnai wrote:
> Hi Khaled,
>
> > I don’t think text width or height are that interesting, but they are
> > probably a good approximation, so I repurposed one of the existing VCL
> > tests to test this[1]. I tried testing also the text bounding rectangle
> > but it showed a 1 pixel difference on Mac, this should be fixed in [2].
> >
> > Feel free to add more test cases that you think are worth having.
>
> I noticed today that some of the Windows tinderboxes fails on the new
> vcl test randomly. They fail on the text width check.  This can
> explain why chart test were failing on the same Windows tinderboxes.
>
> http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1488318182.31559
> http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1488315724.23850

That is weird! Any chance that these machines has a copy of DejaVu Sans
installed system wide that we might be picking instead of the bundled
one?

This change[1] might help showing the source of the difference that is
causing the failures.

Regards,
Khaled

1. https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/34731/