News on Xcode IDE, libre office now loads as 1 project, with modules etc.

Jan Iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Wed Jan 4 17:30:11 UTC 2017

Hi

Some positive news before tomorrows ESC meeting.

I just pushed commit f5dcce42e3d94ac121b2a511a7feddff272f2e4e.

That commit updates gbuild-to-ide to generate libreoffice.vcxproj (ONLY OSX), that contains (limited by gbuildtojson delivery)

- All modules
- All cxx files within the modules
- All targets within the modules

Load time for libreoffice.vcxproj is 2 seconds, on my mac (see attached screenshot), which is a lot faster than earlier discussions have indicated.

This solution can easily be done for the vs2013 generator as well.

Right now I will continue working on:
- adding include files (allowing editing of those)
- push the targets to workdir (ultimate goal, make and Xcode IDE puts things in the same place)

so please expect frequent updates to gbuild-to-ide.

Have fun.
rgds
jan I.