Libreoffice service fails in OBS (openSUSE)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 08:11:31 UTC 2017

On 01/16/2017 01:55 PM, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> <mailto:vmiklos at collabora.co.uk>>:
>     On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 10:56:04AM +0100, Tomáš Chvátal
>     <tomas.chvatal at gmail.com <mailto:tomas.chvatal at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Ah now i get it. Well it happens always on the same test:
>     >
>     > [  649s] trying to instantiate implementation
>     > "com.sun.star.wizards.agenda.CallWizard"
>     > [  649s] unknown:0:(anonymous namespace)::Test::test
>     > [  649s] uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc
>     > [  649s] - std::bad_alloc
>
>     Here is how I would continue debugging this. Add this after the
>     SAL_DEBUG() that prints the service name:
>
>     if (i.first == "com.sun.star.wizards.agenda.CallWizard")
>         SAL_DEBUG("foo");
>
>     Then in gdb you can put a breakpoint on the SAL_DEBUG("foo"); line,
>     before the test attempts to instantiate
>     com.sun.star.wizards.agenda.CallWizard. When you hit the breakpoint, do
>     "catch throw" and "continue". Hopefully that'll show us where
>     std::bad_alloc is thrown.
>
> Hi, got to it and attaching the trace of the point. Seems like if I just
> break there and then catch the bad_alloc it stops on the right place
> finaly :)

Interestingly, <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_callgrind_linux/2588/>
started to fail in exactly the same way now, after (among other things)
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=743f9fc86f3d3b6e87bf58c0654bcdccab0ab383>
"python3: upgrade to release 3.5.3".

I assume you are (implicitly) using --enable-python=system in your
failing build?  If yes, is that a 3.5.3, too?  Maybe that's the
direction to search in.  Or did you already track the problem down?