compiler plugin

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 09:16:37 UTC 2017

On 07/12/2016 09:32 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> I've enabled an additional build for gerrit doing clang + plugins on linux
> we will see how that perform in average.
> preliminary observation is that there is way to much churn in the
> plugins for this to be viable at this time....

What appears to be missing is a "normal" (not Gerrit-triggered) bot
running that setup on master, so that a broken master wrt that setup can
be spotted (and acted upon) more quickly.

Today, a broken master is only spotted when somebody tracks down a
broken Gerrit build to be due to a broken master (or when somebody doing
their own local build with a sufficiently similar setup spots it).  That
can delay fixing unnecessarily, causing many developers to meanwhile
base their Gerrit changes on a broken master.