compiler plugin

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 10:47:33 UTC 2017

On 01/20/2017 11:29 AM, Jan Iversen wrote:
>> Today, a broken master is only spotted when somebody tracks down a
>> broken Gerrit build to be due to a broken master (or when somebody
>> doing their own local build with a sufficiently similar setup spots
>> it).  That can delay fixing unnecessarily, causing many developers
>> to meanwhile base their Gerrit changes on a broken master.
>
> Such a bot should trigger on commits in git, I do that on my own vms.

Yes, of course.

> However I think we would need 3 bot (windows, linux, osx) as many of
> the build breakers are platform dependent.

The other three Gerrit/Jenkins bot setups (Linux GCC, macOS, Windows)
are already covered well enough by existing Jenkins_* bots (see
<http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/MASTER/status.html>), I think.

> When a build breaker is seen, it is normally acted upon very fast
> (THANKS a lot) so having such bots, would likely reduce the time
> where master cannot build to a few hours. This measure would
> eliminate the need to trace the last commit where master builds (a
> suggested idea to help especially new people).

We already have all that, in general?  (My mail was specifically about
Gerrit/Jenkins' Clang+plugins setup, where the only "regular" bot with a
similar setup is my Linux-F19-x86_64_14-with-check, but which is so slow
that it is practically useless in what I'm asking for above.)