A question about com.sun.star.frame.XStorable's URL

Takeshi Abe tabe at fixedpoint.jp
Fri Jan 20 02:25:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

Preparing a patch for tdf#105382 [1], I come across a question about
character encoding for the path part of a URL representing a
com.sun.star.frame.XStorable's location.
I wonder if the original (before percent-encoded) path of such a URL can
be in an encoding other than UTF-8 or even in a different charset due
to e.g. a code page of some legacy filesystems.
Is it possible?
And, if so, is there any reasonable way to tell the encoding?

[1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/33261/

Cheers,
-- Takeshi Abe