Usage of ActiveX in Libre Office

libroffice.dev at artavi.de libroffice.dev at artavi.de
Mon Jan 23 14:42:13 UTC 2017

We are recently switched from AOO to LO. In the release notes a possible
removal of ActiveX is announced.
You are asking for information about the use case so here we are:

We are using in our company a selfmade ERP system which is grown for
more than 15 years now. For historical reasons the system is written in
Delphi. At the beginning MS Office was used as "office frontend", since
about 10 years OOo/AOO/LO. The main workflow is using calc for business
calculation and writer as a kind of report tool. Most information from
the main database is delivered via ActiveX to calc. After working in
calc the information are read back and used to create documents in
writer. The complete project and document management (and many more) is
done by our ERP.

I know there are others and probably more elegant ways and about once a
year we are discussing to change that and finding the "big solution" -
but this is a huge and expensive project.

Removing ActiveX from LO will be a showstopper and nail us to the last
supported release - or bring us back to AOO, who knows.

Best regards
Joergen Pisarz