Usage of ActiveX in Libre Office

sos sos at pmg.be
Wed Jan 25 20:43:29 UTC 2017

Bryan,Please clarify, will stuff like
oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Still working after removing ActiveX?If not: then lots off API code will been broken and this will been a BIG regression ?
Greetz
Fernand

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Bryan Quigley <bryan.quigley at canonical.com> Date: 25/01/2017  20:43  (GMT+01:00) To: libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org, libroffice.dev at artavi.de Subject: re: Usage of ActiveX in Libre Office
Welcome and thanks for responding to notice!

You're the first person (AFAICT) who has written in response to the
deprecation notice.   My original intention was to remove it from the
5.2 release if we got no responses to that notice (that obviously
hasn't happened).

At this point the soonest release we could remove it from is 5.4
(which might be around Aug 2017).  It's far from scheduled though.

We really don't have much data to base this decision on, so I'll ask
you instead.  Knowing keeping support has an impact on LibreOffice
development, when do you think is reasonable for ActiveX support to be
removed?

What Windows version are you running?

Kind regards,
Bryan

[The whole original thread - quite long]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2015-December/071580.html