Protect Ask against spam

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 11:38:58 UTC 2017

Hi Regina,
Le 03/07/2017 à 12:33, Regina Henschel a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> can the ESC please discuss methods to protect Ask against spam? [And of
> cause establish a solution, or suggest a solution to the board.]
>
> Read e.g.
> https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/106719/spam-why-doesnt-someone-from-tdf-post-their-view/
>
> https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/103981/anti-spam-measures/

I'm in charge of removing the spam and does it daily but not over the
week-end. Evgeny Fadeev has been informed of the spam attack of these
last days. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find a pattern when it's in
Korean and I put him in contact with Korean speakers to help.

> My personal favorites would be to block a user automatically after two
> of his posts have been deleted, or to block a user, after he had made
> two posts within a short time (2 min e.g.).

I block them and their IP, but the bot is faster than me. Sorry for the
inconvenience.
Kind regards
Sophie

Sophie Gautier sophie.gautier at documentfoundation.org