Fwd: Re: LO 80731 - Incorrect syntax does compile, MID without end bracket

Pierre Lepage pierrelepage3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 21:49:23 UTC 2017

The lambda user who makes use of macros written by a third party will
have a real problem. When a library crashes because of a missing closing
parenthesis while it still works, and that in addition, the library will
be locked and nobody will remember the password ...

I think the only way out will be to orient the user to the "Do not check
Basic syntax strictly" option (I agree with Jean-Pierre for a less
cryptic term). But the option must remain accessible via the LO options
interface and not via the IDE. The implementation of the option will
have to be closely monitored to ensure its deprogramming (after all, it
is a crutch) and it should be reserved for strict cases of transition to
an interpreter StarBasic cleaner.

Pegards,

Pierre