minutes of ESC call ...

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Sun Jul 16 03:16:24 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-07-16 at 02:29 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> On Fri, Jul
14, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at collab
> ora.com
> >     + eight new hacking interns around: performance & quality
> >     + starting on their first easy-hacks.
> >     + Any ideas on quality ? (Xisco)
>
>         + can write UI test; can take a couple.
>>
> So there is also one additional idea around that. I already started
> adding
> some code that generates a log file with all the user interaction in
> the
> hope of automatically transforming that data to UI tests (or
> automatic
> replication of bug reports).

It would be particularly good if this logging was sufficiently
performant that a dedicated tester could have it on routinely.  This
would help in the situation when I am surprised without knowing
exactly what I did.

For example, right now I am unable to reproduce a rendering problem in
Writer that I stumbled over while I was doing real work.  Perhaps it
depends on just what edits I made, how I moved the cursor around, what
I undo'd (Let us hope that never becomes a word. <scowl />), or even
the content of the document.  As it is now, I have just about given
up.

Terry.