[libreoffice-projects] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2017-Jun-01

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos fito at libreoffice.org
Thu Jun 1 20:06:39 UTC 2017

> On 01.06.2017 21:33, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos wrote:
>> Why is it that you’re saying in the pad that changing the motif is
>> “missing a clear purpose”?
>
> https://discourse.opensourcedesign.net/t/branding-libreoffice-6-0/175/7

Great, thanks for the link. Yes, I can see why that person is
concerned, but IMHO it’s worth it to try to find a more mature,
polished, usable motif than what we currently have, and maintain it
for more than one release to avoid “diluting the brand”—in particular
because our brand assets (icons, motif and colors) were created
originally back in 2010–11 when it was still thought that
“LibreOffice” would be a temporary brand, so they were never meant to
be so enduring as they have been… Personally at least, I’d be very
glad to move away from our current motif, and the brand colors as
well, while we are about it. For some time we had a prettier “Olive
Green” color, but we abandoned it…