GSoC status report - Improve VML import - week 1

Grzegorz Araminowicz g.araminowicz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 11:20:09 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

In first week of Summer of Code I familiarized myself with import and
export filters. I spent a lot of time debugging especially VML filter. I
studied also shape-related code.

I started with resolving one of VML bugs. There was undocumented suffix
added to rotation value by some Word versions which caused rotation value
to be read incorrectly.
tdf#76446 GSoC: incorrect rotation of VML shapes
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/38207>

Then I was working towards supporting shape adjustments in VML files. They
allow changing shape geometry and are displayed as draggable handles.
GSoC: import VML shape adjustments
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/38427>

Regards,
Grzegorz Araminowicz