Please use rebases for CI triggering builds

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at libreoffice.org
Mon Jun 26 11:59:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:30:13AM +0000, Armin Le Grand wrote:
> I do not know what you mean with 'simple rebases' here. How can I trigger a
> test build of a feature branch on gerrit best way? Happy to learn new stuff
> ;-)

You can just rebase your existing (empty) testbuilding commit on a more recent
commit -- as long as it keeps the same Change-Id, it will be the same change on
gerrit and the CI will comtinue to comment into the existing chnage.

There is even a "rebase" button in the gerri UI for this (between "cherry-pick"
and "abandon"). Since the testbuild commits are empty, it is unlikely that they
will ever conflict.

Best,

Bjoern