[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Thu Mar 2 12:50:31 UTC 2017

Michael Meeks wrote:
> $ cd online
> $ git log libreoffice-5-3-branch-point..origin/libreoffice-5-3 --oneline
> | nl  -> 43

Does not seem to match reality:

$ git merge-base origin/master origin/libreoffice-5-3
  0f2e5ef3fe8d52a2f58afc6d8ac19046df155202
$ git log 0f2e5ef3fe8d52a2f58afc6d8ac19046df155202..origin/libreoffice-5-3 --oneline | wc -l
  15

Of which 4 are version bumps, 4 are translation updates
(i.e. effectively community contributions), and one is from me.

> 	Of course - its great to have help maintaining LibreOffice
> Online 5.3: welcome to the party. Having said that if it is possible
> to buy just some maintenance without funding any significant feature
> development work - there is a real risk of starving future feature
> investment, but that's not really a concern for the dev list.

That is an odd comment indeed, it seems to go quite against what open
source should be. The hope is indeed to improve LibreOffice, as well
as LibreOffice Online, jointly as a community.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten