Requesting to mentor my new Idea for GSOC 2017(LibreOffice organisation)

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 07:50:08 UTC 2017

Hi Kshitij,

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 09:22:34AM +0530, Kshitij Warungase <kshitijwarungase at gmail.com> wrote:
>       I am Kshitij senior undergraduate student(Computer Science).
>       From many years I am going to use LibreOffice and found some issues.
> So, as an Computer Science student I want to contribute to one of this
> issue. We cant call this idea as an issue, but it is an addon.
>
>     Idea:
>             *Importing and Exporting files from and to Google
> Drive/DropBox.*
>             Many times we need to import files from Other Storage like
> Google Drive or BitBucket or DropBox. So, We can add an AddOn such that
> anyone can import file from online storage and export it to the same or
> other.

Do you realize Google Drive support is already there? BitBucket (isn't
that just hg/git hosting?) and/or DropBox may make sense via libcmis,
provided you find someone to mentor the project.

>             Also went through LibreOffice source code and understood the
> architecture. It will be my pleasure, if you support my Idea and ready to
>  mentor it.

The best you can do to prove that is to contribute small patches, see
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development> for details.

Having one or two non-trivial easy hacks solved is a requirement for applying
as a student. See instructions from last year at
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/2016#How_to_apply>.

>             If you like my idea then, in further communication I will tell
> you my next plan of execution and how I am going to complete it.

I would say first focus on completing some easy hacks, then you go start
writing your application.

Regards,

Miklos