Re: Chart test failures on mac: text size differences

Tamas Zolnai tamas.zolnai at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 11:21:25 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 GMT, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:02:30PM +0000, Tamas Zolnai wrote:
> > Hi Khaled,
> >
> > > I don’t think text width or height are that interesting, but they are
> > > probably a good approximation, so I repurposed one of the existing VCL
> > > tests to test this[1]. I tried testing also the text bounding rectangle
> > > but it showed a 1 pixel difference on Mac, this should be fixed in [2].
> > >
> > > Feel free to add more test cases that you think are worth having.
> >
> > I noticed today that some of the Windows tinderboxes fails on the new
> > vcl test randomly. They fail on the text width check.  This can
> > explain why chart test were failing on the same Windows tinderboxes.
> >
> > http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1488318182.31559
> > http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1488315724.23850
>
> That is weird! Any chance that these machines has a copy of DejaVu Sans
> installed system wide that we might be picking instead of the bundled
> one?
>
> This change[1] might help showing the source of the difference that is
> causing the failures.

Hi Khaled,

Did you see the current build failures?
Here are two failures:
http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1488779385.27281
http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1488782916.5676
Interestingly it's the same tinderbox which is sometimes happy with the test, sometimes fails with 75 and sometimes fails with 91 as text width.
Clearly we have some wierd behavior here.

Best Regards,
Tamás