Revert "tdf#106283: Registry settings are not read properly on Windows"

Zolnai Tamás zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 09:00:40 UTC 2017

Hi Stephan,

> So coming back to <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/34933/>, I'm not too
> excited about that hack.  It's a quick-fix to work around one specific
> shortcoming of the naive Windows registry mapping, but in a way that would
> require that hack to stay for backwards-compatibility reasons even when/if a
> more principled fix for that mapping is done.

What do you mean by that "would require that hack to stay for
backwards-compatibility reasons"? Why? Do you mean that if now we
handle a property without an explicit type (inside an extensible
group), than this will be required in the future too? As I see config
manager works on the same way for other properties which are not
member of an extensible group. It's also an invalid thing, right? And
also the temporary xcu file is generated by LibreOffice, so I hope
nobody uses this temporarily generated xcu file as a template or
something like that.
Also I think that principle fix you mentioned is not something which
would be allowed to push to a bugix branch, so I think it's better to
make it work, if users use it. Of course you are right on that this
windos registry handling can be improved.

Best Regards,
Tamás