Use VCL to develop standalone applications

ThatRM Z rzpublicmail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 11:50:37 UTC 2017

Hi

I have been looking around for GUI/widget toolkits that I can use to
develop a standalone cross-platform desktop application for UML diagramming.

I feel like I can use VCL - the way different LO apps use it for their GUI.

But I am wondering how heavy this would get for a new standalone
application?
Is there a "bare minimum" example app that builds in all of the VCL as a
starting point?

Would this "backendtest" be the answer I am looking for !?
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/vcl/backendtest

And would anyone be able to tell me which other LO components or libraries
I would need to bring into a project like this?