tdf#99352: explicit ctoring of VclPtrs?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Mar 7 16:09:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 04:05:40PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> So if you want to make such instrumentation of VclPtr ctor, it's not much
> hassle to add that instrumentation also to the from-raw-ptr
> VclPtr::operator=?

__LINE__ and __FILE__ only work at the position of the assignment, which is not
trivial to grep/sed, while a explicit constructor is reasonably easy.

But I wasnt asking about what I did with it, just wondered if anyone else would
want to keep it for whatever reason. Doesnt seem so, so will be gc'ed soon.

Best,

Bjoern