writing extensions in a functional language

jan dittrich.c.jan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 18:06:18 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am also on my way to learn to write extensions (hopefully) –
currently, I am using Javascript to learn it.

While not a typical functional language (like Haskell or Lisp), it has
many functional features (historically inspired by Self and Scheme),
lambda, currying, younameit… works pretty well and there are many
libraries which extend it further in this direction. There are also some
numerical and statistical libraries for it.

The syntax looks sadly rather differently than ML (which is only
superficial, but still has an effect at least on me).

Jan

> Am 11.03.2017 um 15:45 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
>> There is also a Delphi binding at https://sourceforge.net/projects/uno-pas-bridge/. Unfortunately it wasn't updated for years and a quick test with Freepascal failed.

[SNIP]