Online javascript help needed.

Jan Iversen jani at libreoffice.org
Fri Mar 17 10:33:28 UTC 2017

Hi.

I am trying to reuse the online javascript in a webkit frame, the setup works in general, but I have a couple of questions, which seems unanswered in the available doc.

I want to start online as we use it for ESC. I have a file URL so I am ready to start LO with a document:

1) looking in loleaflet main.js seems like the natural, but how exactly should the call be:
   Assuming host = myHost, directory=loleaflet, I would have assumed the call should be something like:
   https://myHost/loleaflet/main.js?url=//http:myHost/myDocs/myDocument.odt <https://myhost/loleaflet/main.js?url=//http:myHost/myDocs/myDocument.odt>
   but that does not work…I would really appreciate to read the url to call

2) The current main builds a topline menu, similar (but limited) to the desktop version. I would like to take advantage of the “natural” menus, so is it posible  to start the javascript and eliminate the menus (basically only have the iframe and the content).
    It seems the iframe (when loaded) does not contain all the javascript needed to run it.

3) the file Kit/Kit.cpp contains a long cascade of if else statements, because commands are communicated as strings.
    is this on purpose ? why not have an Kit_enum.hpp that is converted to Kit_enum.js and then have the commands be numbers. The advantage would be we can use simple switch statements which are a lot faster (and looking at the performance during the esc-meeting, we could do with better performance).
   in case this is a wanted feature, I can make a gerrit patch, so it can be properly reviewed.

Thanks in advance for a prompt answer.
rgds
jan I.