Some baseline thoughts

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:09:23 UTC 2017

Hi *,

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
> Some of our baselines on current master (towards LO 5.4) are as follows:
> […]
> ** GCC 4.8.1:
> *** inheriting constructors
> *** ref-qualifiers

FYI: baseline CentOS with devtoolset has 4.8.2

> […]
> The question is what old versions of GCC are required exactly by the various
> builds.
> […]
> *  For --enable-compiler-plugins, Clang 3.4
> (<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=733198de1b7fc3907609217147704f493f6146e6>
> "Remove support for Clang < 3.4")

FYI: clang for CentOS baseline from epel repo would be at 3.4.2

> […] unknown however is the status on Android and iOS.

switching to clang for android would use the llvm version, so I guess
should also be fine then. (right now it still users gcc, but support
for that is being faded out by google)

ciao
Christian