Question about one of your recent commits

Jan Iversen jani at libreoffice.org
Tue May 2 17:51:23 UTC 2017

Hi

You are as such not breaking a protocol, but I have added the list as CC, so that others can learn from the thread.

It is correct I worked on the Xcode integration, and have a solution that works partly. In the base version we simply call make for each step. I do think you refer to gbuild-to-ideNS which is called for Xcode.

I did however put that work aside a while ago, due to a change of priorities at TDF. I assume I will return to it, to make life easier for myself.

> In Xcode v8.2.1, those targets fail with message "Target specifies product type 'com.apple.product-type.cppunit', but there's no such product type for the 'macosx’ platform ».
I am not sure the product type should be com.apple more correct would be  org.libreoffice.product-type.cppunit.

> I understand this product type is right and has been introduced purposefully, but how comes Xcode doesn’t know about it? (not defined in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/Library/Xcode/Specifications/MacOSXProduct Types.xcspec,  which is consistent with the failure message).
Because the reference to com.apple is not correct.

> Should it be part of the standard configuration of Xcode? Was it in a previous version? Should I somehow define or load it? I couldn’t find any reference to it in the Apple documentation, nor in the LibreOffice documentation, except for very old posts related to Xcode v3 or before, and clearly out of date.
I use Xcode 8.3 but to not run unit tests.

Please file a bug on bugs.documentfoundation.org <http://bugs.documentfoundation.org/>

> I’ve successfully used cppunit with Xcode before, but always with targets using type « Command-line tool », which is obviously not the idea here. Any pointer or hint would be greatly appreciated.
This is what runs on my Mac (command-line tool is a simple make.

rgds
jan I.