Failing tests on openSUSE

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon May 22 08:53:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 10:28:03AM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 11:29:03AM +0200, Tomáš Chvátal <tomas.chvatal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I really have no clue what the test is doing or how to fix it. The commits
> > introducing the tests are:
> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/vcl/qa/cppunit/complextext.cxx?id=62592cf1ebcc8ef381fe53855684342d963e6138
> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/vcl/qa/cppunit/complextext.cxx?id=9af45ef67824f3ec6e95c16e7deb005a73532d65
>
> It can be a good idea to CC Khaled, then. :-)

The test is pretty obvious, it lays out the text and the checks the
returned character widths.

If the test is failing then either 1) your version of HarfBuzz is
returning different glyph advances which would almost certainly be a bug
in HarfBuzz, or 2) your version of DejaVu Sans have different glyph
advances but that is unlikely, or 3) VCL ended up selecting a different
font other than the one we requested for whatever reason, or 4)
something else fishy is going on in VCL.

Regards,
Khaled