Failing tests on openSUSE

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon May 22 09:38:43 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 11:28:20AM +0200, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:

> > On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 10:28:03AM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> > > Hi Tom,

> > commits
> > qa/cppunit/complextext.cxx?id=62592cf1ebcc8ef381fe53855684342d963e6138
> > qa/cppunit/complextext.cxx?id=9af45ef67824f3ec6e95c16e7deb005a73532d65
> > >
> > > It can be a good idea to CC Khaled, then. :-)
> >
> > The test is pretty obvious, it lays out the text and the checks the
> > returned character widths.
> >
> > If the test is failing then either 1) your version of HarfBuzz is
> > returning different glyph advances which would almost certainly be a bug
> > in HarfBuzz, or 2) your version of DejaVu Sans have different glyph
> > advances but that is unlikely, or 3) VCL ended up selecting a different
> > font other than the one we requested for whatever reason, or 4)
> > something else fishy is going on in VCL.
> >

> Oky Is there way to dump what dejavu sans it found?

I think no, may be there are some SAL_LOG if you are building with
logging enabled but I’m not sure.

> We are using new harfbuzz:
>
> [   22s] [326/807] cumulate libharfbuzz0-1.4.6-1.1
>
> And with the dejavu sans I get the feeling they are not present in the
> buildroot at the moment, only liberation sans and google carlito fonts. I
> will try to add them and see if it changes anything (results to be seen in
> couple of hours).

The test (naïvely?) assumes DejaVu Sans is always present since it is
one of the bundled fonts, if this is not true since the test needs to be
conditionally enabled somehow.

> Anyway I think the test should first font-config verify it got at least the
> font it requiires.

VCL does not have a public API for that AFAIK.

Regards,
Khaled