VclPtr tweaks post 5.4.2 ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Fri May 26 09:23:05 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

	Seems like people think this is a good idea; so here is what is planned
- I'd love some help with it when we're post 5.4.2 - (it's a big change
so avoiding hurting back-porting is important - with ~3k sites all over
the code).

	Three reasonably simple changes:

replace:	VclPtrInstance<Foo> pFoo( pParent );
with:		auto pFoo = VclPtr<Foo>::Create( pParent );

replace:	ScopedVclPtrInstance<Foo> pFoo( pParent );
with:		auto pFoo = ScopedVclPtr<Foo>::Create( pParent );

	s/ScopedVclPtr/VclPtrAutoDispose/g

	Unless we come up with a better name for the last sed; one suggestion
was 'guard' but guards are released - not disposed; unsure if there is a
similar UNO helper concept - Stephan ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--