Easy hacks without code pointers

Jan Iversen jani at libreoffice.org
Mon Nov 20 17:15:48 UTC 2017

> On 20 Nov 2017, at 17:21, Zolnai Tamás <zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I see that some of the easy hacks have no code pointers, but they are listed on the easy hacks wiki page:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks/lists/by_Difficulty <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks/lists/by_Difficulty>
>
> For example: tdf#40457, tdf#112650, tdf#106890, tdf#71920. These were generated in the last 7 days.
>
> I thought an easy hack should have a code pointer, otherwise it would be hard for a new developer to start with that bug. What's about these bugs? At least, it would be good to add this kind of easy hacks to a separate list.
Life changes, I used to run a script daily that made sure all easyHack had code pointers (among a couple of other checks).

We used to demand a code pointer for it to be an esayHack. Sometimes people submitted an easyHack without a code pointer (like the cases here), they would be put on a hold queue, until a core developer could add a code pointer.

Seems Development Mentoring have changed since my days.

rgds
jan I.