LibreOffice 6.0: Android version?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 09:11:15 UTC 2017

Hi Mike,

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 10:32:05AM +0100, Mike Saunders <mike.saunders at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Looking at this page:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.0#Android
>
> Various new features have been added to the Android app, which is
> awesome, but do we know if there'll be a new version on the Play Store
> with these features in time for the release of LibreOffice 6.0?
>
> Obviously the Android app uses a different versioning scheme, but if a
> new release is planned, it's something we can talk about in our
> marketing materials. Thanks!

The honest answer is that ATM Android tiled rendering (the thing that
provides document content) is broken on master, and nobody had time to
fix it up. All the mentioned features only make sense if the core of the
app works, and currently it doesn't.

The hope is that there is still time till the 6.0 release to fix it; but
for now best not to advertise those features, as they're not really
visible (yet).

Regards,

Miklos