How to run multiple instances of Writer simultaneously?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 09:37:41 UTC 2017

On 10/23/2017 06:20 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote [in a way removing author
information from what he quoted]:

>     I'm curious: it sounded as if multi-threading within a single
>     soffice.bin process is an issue. Any more details on that?
>

> What multi-threading? Even when having multiple document windows (for
> instance, multiple Writer ones) open, LibreOffice does not use
> multi-threading for that.

But if you have multiple remote UNO connections to a single soffice.bin,
requests coming in over those connections /are/ processed by multiple
threads (which has been known as a source of issues in the past).