LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Oct 24 19:10:31 UTC 2017

On 24.10.2017 20:37, Koushik Sekhar wrote:
> I have installed Visual Studio 2015 update 3 on my system. I figured out
> that VC++ was not installed so installed the same and ran a small
> program to verified the same. Now, when I ran the autogen.sh \ file
> again, I am getting error again.

that's great, the error is not related to Visual Studio so that
hopefully works now!

> Below message shows the error:
>
> configure: error: No JDK found, pass the --with-jdk-home option pointing
> to a 32 bit JDK
> Error running configure at /cygdrive/c/sources/libo-core/autogen.sh line
> 293.
>
> I am using a 64-bit windows system and so I installed a 64-bit JDK. Is
> it necessary that I install a 32-bit JDK now?  Also, could I use any
> version for the JDK or is there any specific JDK version I should use?

by default, a 32-bit LO will be built, which requires a 32-bit JDK.  but
you can also build a 64-bit LO by using the flag --enable-64-bit, in
which case your installed JDK should work fine.

HTH,
 michael

--
DDJ: You've mentioned Edsger Dijkstra. What do you think of his work?
DK:  His great strength is that he is uncompromising. It would make